Monday, June 13, 2011

The (almost) $0 bathroom makeover.

Day 1.

BEFORE - Scavenge and Inspire

Here are the before pictures of the bathroom.  I'm going to keep with the sea theme of the shower curtain, but I'm going to age it a bit.  Most of the kids are older and this way, I only have to change the shower curtain, and not today.  :)




So aside from the messy kids, you can see most of the bathroom is pretty boring with a very dated yellow counter top.  I'm going to try to work with that.  Right now, there's a very old tile floor in the area with the bath and we're down to the plywood subfloor in the bathroom - painted a nice dirt brown to hide the mess and coated in a few coats of polyurethane to protect it from moisture.

Scavenging around I found the following materials to get me started.

Three different shades of blue/turquoise (one isn't shown) and a nice bright yellow.  I also have a brown that I'm thinking of using.


These tiles were left by the previous homeowner and match the tiles in our bathroom and the kitchen.  They would be good in the sink area of the bathroom.  They also left behind some vinyl "wood" sticky tiles.  Since this is a temporary flooring fix, I'm going to lay these in the bath area, and then reseal the bathtub and toilet.

This is left over MDF from some project or another.  I'm thinking these will be useful for shelves.. although.. I believe I also have some old solid wood shelves tucked away upstaires.  I may use those instead, or, I may use old fence boards and stain them for a more rustic sea side feel.

Coming up, some drawings or at least some images for inspiration!!

No comments:

Post a Comment