Thursday, June 30, 2011

The (almost) $0 bathroom makeover - Day 7

I've been working on refacing the cabinets.  I went back and forth on color and ideas, but finally decided to stick with what we have, only age them a bit and give them a bit of a stain/glaze.

I have some stain for our exterior that will work nicely so I pulled off all the hardware and sanded off the paint on the edges and bits that stick up.



Next, I slathered on a layer of stain.



Once the stain covers the door, wipe it off using a dry towel or rag.  Stain will stick to the sanded off bits and in the corners, giving the doors a nice aged look.



I still don't have a final decision on the hardware.  I have some that turned up in the garage, but they don't really go with my aged cabinets now.  I may have to actually purchase something.. aaaahhhh... Tune in next time... for Hardware Wars.... (that's not mine btw, but it's a funny spoof... )
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9059800655908790019

Good times, good times.
OH.. and hopefully I'll have new batteries for the camera soon so the picture quality will be better.  Had to use the camera on the phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment